Hi Friends! I’m so excited to have you join me on this incredible journey of finding our own perfect. Let me introduce myself. I’m Emily Graham, I’m a wife, a mom, and a businesswoman. I have two beautiful children who I absolutely adore and would do anything for. In fact, what I’ve realized is that I am so engrossed with their lives that I’ve neglected my own and our whole family is struggling because of it. I need to make it stop. Our entire life needs a complete overhaul, but for this to happen it needs to start from the top. It needs to start with me because how can I expect anyone else to change if I stay the same.
I’m sure there are lots of mamas out there that have their shit together and are way further along on this journey, but if you’re like me then I invite you to join me while we figure this out together. How do we know what we need to change? How do we create effective change within ourselves and the aspects of our own lives that it will trickle down and help to create change in our families? Well, to start we need to take an honest look at ourselves.
Let’s start with asking “Who am I?” You would think that this would’ve been an easy question to answer, but for most of us, it isn’t. The first time I asked myself this question, I realized I didn’t know myself in the slightest. So my first step was to figure out who I was. What made me tick? What made my heart sing? What did I not like? What made me want to go crawl into bed and stay there forever? Do you know who you are? If not, don’t feel bad. Honestly, I’m pretty sure most of us don’t really know who we are and the ones who do have probably been working on figuring it out for a long time.
Once I realized I needed to get to know myself I started asking myself questions about who I was and what I liked. Answering even these simple questions proved to be challenging, but I was determined to stick with it and I’m so happy I did and I can’t wait to help you. Below are some questions from Prolific Living that I used to get started. I encourage you to find a quiet place and take the next few minutes to answer them for yourself.
- What activity in your life lights you up with joy?
- What is something you always love doing, even when you are tired or rushed? Why?
- If a relationship or job makes you unhappy, do you choose to stay or leave?
- What do you fear about leaving a bad job or a bad relationship?
- What do you believe is possible for you?
- What have you done in your life that you are most proud of?
- What is the thing that you are second most proud of?
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?
- How does your being here in the universe change humanity for the better?
- If you could have one single wish granted, what would it be?
- How comfortable are you with your own mortality?
- What is your highest core value?
- To your best knowledge, how do other people perceive you?
- How would you like other people to perceive you?
- How confident are you in your abilities to make decisions for yourself?
- What is your biggest self-limiting belief?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- Who is your greatest role model?
- Who is a person that you don’t like yet you spend time with?
- What is something that is true for you no matter what?
- What is your moral compass in making difficult decisions?
- What is one failure that you have turned into your greatest lesson?
- What role does gratitude play in your life?
- How do you feel about your parents?
- How is your relationship with money?
- How do you feel about growing old someday?
- What role has formal education played in your life and how do you feel about it?
- Do you believe your destiny is pre-determined or in your hands to shape however you wish?
- What do you believe is the meaning of your life?